Kicking Off Trips Into Memory Lane

Met a few IMT Nagpur alums in our first meet of this season at the Green Park. Starting with the batch of 2006-08, represented by Shuchi and Saurabh, to the latest one of 2011-13, there were quite a few, including visitors from Chennai (Sriram) and Delhi. And we went on till around closing time- must have been around 1 am.

Lot of memories relived, about the campus, the newsletter that is run by the Corporate Communications team (Meenu Mynam who once wrote for it was there), academics, sports, the guest lectures given by various alums at classes in the campus, and so on. Learnt about stem cell research, and also about new businesses that help immigrants into Canada.

Nice and friendly, with some sporadic speeches which probably went unheard, and singing (mostly heard), and best of all, intimate conversations. A lovely evening, with more to come in the next few weekends.

2 comments:

Meenu said...

Hi Sir,

Just read some article about a search engine which 'apparently' works better than google and returns all the instances of the 'searched' word.I tried doing a search with my name and it returned this blog post as well. Though I am subscribed to your blog, don't remember reading this. But this made me go back and see the pics from the Green Park meet. Couldn't stop myself from posting here when it stuck to me in absolute clarity that you might not be there for the next meet. Is that right? Hope you are liking your new workplace.

Meenu Mynam

Rajendra said...

Meenu, thanks for the info. But you haven't mentioned the name of the search engine. No matter, one shall search for it. I can always try and gatecrash an alum meet or two if my friends give me advance notice about them. Mumbai looks the likeliest, but you never know. Missing Nagpur more than anything else, but Indore is a good substitute in many ways.

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot